Tuesday, February 24, 2009

TWD - Caramel Crunch Bars

For this week, Whitney of What's left on the table? chose Caramel Crunch bars. Please see her website or pages 112-113 of Baking from my Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan (great book you should buy it if you don't already have it!). I made these Sunday and they were a big hit with my church's small group and my officemates. These are super easy to whip up and are phenomenal. I really liked that the caramel aspect of the bar was just Heath toffee bits. I am not a big caramel fan, but I do enjoy Heath toffee bits. Time is short this week, but I hope you enjoy the photos I took of the process. I think I followed everything to the letter this week, except that I didn't have the 9 total ounces of bittersweet chocolate I needed, but I did have a lot of unsweetened chocolate and semisweet chocolate. So I guesstimated...it isn't a one to one ratio, but bittersweet is somewhere in between unsweetened and semi sweet, so I used a mix :)







Next week: "Chocolate Armagnac Cake - The Cake That Got Me Fired"... I am interested in the story behind this cake ;)

No comments: